Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Conversations with a 5 year old

The other day after work I went to pick up Miss Ellee to spend some one on one time with her because it's hard to get spoiled when there are 8 kids all fighting for attention. Shortly after we got home Papa decided that we all needed snow cones so Ellee and I decided we would go pick them up.

Ellee's parents just rented a new house and are getting ready to move so I asked her if she was excited about moving. You just have to know Ellee to know how dramatic she is about everything. So just picture this tiny little person with a huge personality talking with her hands and trying to sound so grown up.

Now that you have the mental picture of what she looks like while talking, our conversation went something like this:

Nanny: Are you excited about your new house?
Ellee: Oh my gosh YES! It is just perfect for our family. It has rooms and closets and a huge living room! The kitchen is kind of small, but that's okay.
Nanny: So do you think you'll like living there?
Ellee: Well....yes, but I'll kind of miss my old house a little bit. I know that's sounds silly but I really will miss it a little bit.
Nanny: That doesn't sound silly at all. Nanny has lived in the same house for a long long time and if I moved, I would miss my old house.
Ellee: You thought about  moving?
Nanny: Yes, I would like to live in the country.
Ellee: With Papa?
Nanny: Yes, if I move, I'll take Papa with me.
Ellee: Oh okay good.

Talking to this child is like talking to a mini adult. I used to love to get those conversations on video, but she got wiser and doesn't like me videoing while we're talking, so I'll just have to try to remember to write these conversations down and give the best mental picture I can. Moments to cherish are never short when spending time with her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment