Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Homemade Tomato Soup.....You'll never go back

We are getting an abundance of tomatoes around here right now and I love to can them for use in the winter months for chili, stew etc. I came across this recipe http://www.thyhandhathprovided.com/2009/03/classic-tomato-soup.html for homemade tomato soup about a year ago and thought what the heck.....let's try it. Well let me tell you......it was so good it never made it to the winter months, we ate it all up.

So this year, I'm making enough soup to last through the winter (if I can keep my hubby  myself out of it). Once you try this soup there will be no other tomato soup that compares and the store bought stuff just won't cut it anymore.....just a fair warning.

It calls for butter and flour so if I make it that way I obviously don't can it, I freeze it instead. I have made this numerous times and haven't used the butter or flour. It's a little on the thin side when you do that but tastes amazing.

If you love tomato soup.....GO TRY IT.....what are you waiting for?! Your tummy will thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment