Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2017

Heaven on a Low Carb Diet!


So I've been going to the gym 5 days a week and doing a low carb diet, trying to get my butt back in shape. Isn't it so much more fun just to eat what you want when you want *sigh*. Anyway....as anyone knows going on a low carb diet means no more pasta....or bread....or potatoes.

Now I can do the mashed cauliflower potatoes just fine or cauliflower rice but boy have I missed pasta! So I did some heavy researching on that matter and found Miracle Noodles, -1 carb, 0 calories, 0 fat. WHAT you say?! YES.....I was just as excited!!!!

I love fettuccine alfredo so I just had to figure out a way to make this fit into my diet plan! So tonight I made my Miracle Noodles, added a bit of chicken broth, some swiss laughing cow cheese, cheddar cheese, turkey bacon and grilled chicken thighs, added a bit of garlic powder and salt and pepper and BAM! Just like that I had me some creamy, fettuccine alfredo.

The Recipe:
When you open the package of noodles it smells fishy (don't let this deter you)....just dump them in your colander and rinse really good in cool water. Then put them in boiling water and boil for a couple of minutes. Put them back in the colander and rinse. Then put them in your frying pan (no oil) and cook the water out of them (takes about 5-7 minutes or so). Add a little chicken broth, a couple wedges of swiss laughing cow cheese, a cut up grilled chicken thigh (breast whatever you like) about 4 pieces of cooked turkey bacon crumbled, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, some garlic powder, salt and pepper. I would've added mushrooms and green onions if I had them.
Makes 2 servings

*Angels singing*....................YUM!

*Approximately per serving*
250 calories
2 carbs
18 fat

Now for the bad part.......I read that the noodles are high in fiber.........so time will only tell how the winds will blow on that one! (See what I did there) LOL

For now.....I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I got my fettuccine and it tasted sooooo fattening aka good!

3 comments: